Tuesday, July 23, 2013

And They Still Use My Name


High school friends often used my name when they had gone out to party, date, or you know.  Their parents allowed them to go out when they knew they were with me.  They'll be like, "I'm going out with Innie (of course, that's not my real name)," or, "I'm still with Innie, mom."  And they will call me up at home (because I don't own a pager back then and cell phone is fairly new and I don't own one until I reached junior high) to tell me that they had gone out and told their moms that I'm with them and so on.

photo courtesy of this site


Funny, though, that people still use me as their escape from their lies.  Is it because their parents trusts me that much?  What if they got into an accident and they, the parents, will blame me?  Ugh.  I just can't understand why can't these friends of mine have the balls to just go out without involving me.  We're f-----g hitting our thirties!



No comments:

Post a Comment